Bank Community Support Staff
NOW Group Head Office, 15-17 Grosvenor Road, Belfast, BT12 4GN
Schedule & Rate of Pay
£9.23 per hour
Sat Jan 01 2022 12:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Full flexibility including evenings and weekends In a position to cover at short notice
- 22 days annual leave plus 12 statutory days (pro-rata)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible working initiatives
- Health Cash Plan (on successful completion of probationary period)
- Access to confidential Staff Counseling & Financial Advisory Services
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme (5% employer contribution)
- Bike to Work Scheme
1. Provide person-centered support to participants on the Community Opportunities Service.
2. Support participants within classroom and outdoor venues.
3. Encourage individuals to engage in opportunities and build independence skills.
4. Promote Volunteer opportunities for group members.
5. Build on existing external networks/relations and develop new ones to increase range of activities and networks available to participants.
6. Route train participants to increase independence skills.
7. Actively promote NOW Group Services and products.
8. Work effectively with NOW Group Services to provide a full range of support, optimizing positive
progression for participants.
9. Ensure organisational, team and individual annual KPIs are met.
10. Undertake any training as deemed necessary by Senior Management and to carry out any other duties
as deemed appropriate to the post by Senior Management.
11. Ensure accurate record keeping of participant attendance, retention and progression in compliance with organisational data protection and confidentiality policy.
12. Contribute to NOW Group self-evaluation and quality improvement planning processes, ensuring continuous improvement in all areas of practice.
13. Comply fully with NOW Group's 'Organsiational Approach to Safeguarding' ensuring that knowledge and skills in this area are kept up to date to ensure the safety and well being of participants. This includes the notification to Senior Management of any untoward incident / accident involving either staff or participants, and the recording and reporting of any such incident / accident to the appropriate authorities.
14. Proactively identify risks in relation to participant safety and carry out general and individual risk assessments as appropriate, ensuring risk management procedures are followed.
15. Ensure the implementation and observance of Health and Safety Regulations.
16. Contribute to the monthly activity/financial monitoring returns as outlined by funders.
17. Maintain accurate financial records required for expenses and funder requirements.
Key Internal Relations
The Community Support Officer will work closely with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that support is relevant to the needs of the individual participant. Key internal relationships include:
• Transition Co-coordinator
• Transition service colleagues
• Family Service colleagues
Key External Relations
• Relevant participant stakeholders including parents/carers, social workers as appropriate
• Referring organisations
• Organisations providing activities/placements e.g. Arts Groups, Community Forums, Businesses
1. A full current driving license and access to a car. Consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a license.
2. Ability to be flexible and adaptable - hours are flexible and may involve evening and weekend work as required.
3. GCSE grade C in English Language (or equivalent),
4. At least one years experience of supporting people with learning disabilities within a group environment.
5. Experience of engaging with volunteers.
6. Ability to demonstrate administrative skills with good record keeping.
7. IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Social Media use.
8. Understanding of the barriers faced by people with learning disabilities.
1. Community or Youth Qualification (Level 3 or equivalent)
We're a social enterprise based in Belfast but working across Northern Ireland to support people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future. Loaf Catering is our catering business which delivers outside catering to businesses, functions etc. We run six cafes four are in Belfast - The Bobbin in City Hall, Loaf on Grosvenor Road and the cafes at Ulster Museum and the Folk at Transport Museum at Cultra.
We also have a cafe at the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh. Loaf Pottery our sixth site is our pottery, pizzeria and coffee shop in Crawfordsburn where we offer wood fired pizzas and our range of beautiful handthrown pottery.
For every £1 invested in NOW Group 2019/20 we generated £20 in social value.
Support people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future.
We challenge convention, ourselves and each other. We have the strength, willingness and determination to initiate, make things happen and to carry them through.
We are all champions of NOW Group. We take personal responsibility for achieving our objectives. We act with openness, integrity and trust. We ask for help, admit to our mistakes and put things right.
We are one company across all services and locations. We work towards a common goal through cooperation and teamwork. We are all NOW Group people and treat each other with respect regardless of status.
Our services change lives. We listen to our participants*, their families and communities and use continuous improvement to deliver results. We are relentless in our pursuit of success and excellence. (*also external and internal customer)
We are a business committed to doing the right thing for our staff, the environment and society. We run a catering business that uses and sells no single use plastic and all our packaging is compostable. We do not use single use plastic in our head office and all our staff have been supplied with either a reusable water bottle or coffee cup. We run wellbeing initiatives which include a health cash plan, stakeholder pension scheme (5% employer contribution), Bike to Work scheme, flexible/agile working. We offer opportunities for our staff to volunteer at the social and other events that we run for our participants. We only want the best, most motivated people in NOW Group. Everything we do is focused on supporting people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future. It’s in our DNA. We are socially focused and expect our staff to be entrepreneurial. We are constantly changing, evolving and innovating so expect change.
Professional & personal development opportunities.