Bank Community Support Staff
NOW Group Head Office, 15-17 Grosvenor Road, Belfast, BT12 4GN, Anderson House, Market St, Omagh BT78 1EE & Fermanagh House Broadmeadow Place, Enniskillen, BT74 7HR
Schedule & Rate of Pay
£9.90 per hour
Sat Dec 31 2022 12:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Click to email CV
Full flexibility including evenings and weekends In a position to cover at short notice
1. Provide person-centered support to participants on the Community Opportunities Service.
2. Support participants within classroom and outdoor venues.
3. Encourage individuals to engage in opportunities and build independence skills.
4. Promote Volunteer opportunities for group members.
5. Build on existing external networks/relations and develop new ones to increase range of activities and networks available to participants.
6. Route train participants to increase independence skills.
7. Actively promote NOW Group Services and products.
8. Work effectively with NOW Group Services to provide a full range of support, optimizing positive
progression for participants.
9. Ensure organisational, team and individual annual KPIs are met.
10. Undertake any training as deemed necessary by Senior Management and to carry out any other duties
as deemed appropriate to the post by Senior Management.
11. Ensure accurate record keeping of participant attendance, retention and progression in compliance with organisational data protection and confidentiality policy.
12. Contribute to NOW Group self-evaluation and quality improvement planning processes, ensuring continuous improvement in all areas of practice.
13. Comply fully with NOW Group's 'Organsiational Approach to Safeguarding' ensuring that knowledge and skills in this area are kept up to date to ensure the safety and well being of participants. This includes the notification to Senior Management of any untoward incident / accident involving either staff or participants, and the recording and reporting of any such incident / accident to the appropriate authorities.
14. Proactively identify risks in relation to participant safety and carry out general and individual risk assessments as appropriate, ensuring risk management procedures are followed.
15. Ensure the implementation and observance of Health and Safety Regulations.
16. Contribute to the monthly activity/financial monitoring returns as outlined by funders.
17. Maintain accurate financial records required for expenses and funder requirements.
Key Internal Relations
The Community Support Officer will work closely with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that support is relevant to the needs of the individual participant. Key internal relationships include:
• Transition Co-coordinator
• Transition service colleagues
• Family Service colleagues
Key External Relations
• Relevant participant stakeholders including parents/carers, social workers as appropriate
• Referring organisations
• Organisations providing activities/placements e.g. Arts Groups, Community Forums, Businesses
We would particularly like to encourage applications from, disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as these groups are currently unrepresented.
1. A full current driving license and access to a car. Consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a license.
2. Ability to be flexible and adaptable - hours are flexible and may involve evening and weekend work as required.
3. GCSE grade C in English Language (or equivalent)
4. At least one years experience of supporting people with learning disabilities within a group environment.
5. Experience of engaging with volunteers.
6. Ability to demonstrate administrative skills with good record keeping.
7. IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Social Media use.
8. Understanding of the barriers faced by people with learning disabilities.
1. Community or Youth Qualification (Level 3 or equivalent)
NOW Group are an award-winning social enterprise who deliver services across Northern Ireland supporting people with learning difficulties, disabilities and autism into jobs with a future. We are passionate about changing lives and our priority is on outcomes and impact for individuals, their families and the communities who are the most disadvantaged. Our Employment and Training services focus on supporting people into open employment through our model of individual progression which
reaching people who often ‘fall through the gaps’ and are not currently supported by traditional providers.
NOW Group continually scan workforce trends and the economic and political environments for opportunities for employment, up skilling and social engagement which will increase inclusion and well-being, leading to citizenship development and civic involvement for our participants. Our work is also about social and community inclusion which leads to the people we work with having better health, a better education and a brighter future. Our services are continually evolving as a result of co-design, participant feedback and learning from projects.