22 days annual leave plus 12 statutory days (pro-rata)
Health Cash Plan (on successful completion of probationary period)
Access to confidential Staff Counseling & Financial Advisory Services
Stakeholder Pension Scheme (5% employer contribution)
Bike to Work Scheme
Holiday purchase scheme
Flexible working initiatives
We are seeking an organized and motivated Administrator to join our team. As Services Administrator you will play a critical role by ensuring that efficient and effective administrative support is provided across our Community, Employment & Training services. You will also be responsible for organising administrative activities across the team, alongside the maintenance of our internal systems.
1. Provide administrative support across NOW Group Service Provision.
2. Monitor e-mail enquiries to NOW Group admin account and assign referrals to relevant staff.
3. Enroll ESF participants to ESiF online portal, along with the appropriate gathering of paperwork completion
4. Work closely with NOW Group training team to ensure that all training courses have been registered via awarding body and training literature is produced in advance of training delivery.
5. Maintain purchase order system by adhering to organisational procedures for the ordering and procurement of goods and services.
6. Record minutes of respective Services team meetings.
7. Undertake any other administrative duties that may be required in line with the role.
8. Developing and maintaining the Registration and Certification of ESF participant qualifications.
9. Gathering and maintaining evidence of long term and short-term outcomes for trainees.
10. Support Service Managers to deliver Annual Graduation Event.
11. Maintain internal CRM system with accurate information for analysis.
12. Provide administrative support in respect of grant funded programmes.
This job description is not definitive and may be subject to review as the duties and responsibilities determine.
We would particularly like to encourage applications from, disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as these groups are currently unrepresented.
Please note that employment with NOW Group may be subject to a check from the Access NI Service. For positions in regulated activity a check of the Data Barring Service (DBS) will be required. For further information please refer to the Access NI Code of Practice at: http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/accessni
1. English & Maths at Level 2 eg. GCSE (Grade C or above).
2. Competent in the use of Microsoft Office with demonstrable proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
3. At least 2 years recent relevant administrative or secretarial experience.
4. Relevant experience of setting up and maintaining effective filing and reporting systems.
5. Excellent organisation & time management skills.
1. Level 2 qualification in Administration/Business Administration or working towards this.
2. Experience of diary management/coordinating appointments.
3. A full current driving license and access to a car. Consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a license.
Shortlisting will be based on the evidence that you supply on your application form to satisfactorily demonstrate how, and to what extent, you meet the above criteria. The shortlisting panel will not make assumptions as to your circumstances, qualifications, and experience.
NOW Group are an award-winning social enterprise who delivers services across
Northern Ireland supporting people with learning difficulties, disabilities and autism
into jobs with a future. We are passionate about changing lives and our priority is on
outcomes and impact for individuals, their families and the communities who are the
most disadvantaged. Our Employment and Training services focus on supporting
people into open employment through our model of individual progression which
reaching people who often ‘fall through the gaps’ and are not currently supported by
NOW Group continually scan workforce trends and the economic and political
environments for opportunities for employment, up skilling and social engagement
which will increase inclusion and well-being, leading to citizenship development and
civic involvement for our participants. Our work is also about social and community
inclusion which leads to the people we work with having better health, a better
education and a brighter future. Our services are continually evolving as a result of
co-design, participant feedback and learning from projects.