22 days annual leave plus 12 statutory days (pro-rata)
Holiday purchase scheme
Flexible working initiatives
Personal & Professional Development opportunities
Health Cash Plan (on successful completion of probationary period)
Access to confidential Staff Counselling & Financial Advisory Services
Stakeholder Pension Scheme (5% employer contribution) Bike to Work Scheme
As a part of the NOW Digital Academy team the Digital Skills Trainer will develop and deliver a Data Analytics training programme to ensure that each participant receives the training required to provide choices for progression into employment.
The post holder will develop a Data Analysis training program at Level 2, individual training plans for participants in line with their desired progression route, promoting and participating in the delivery of NOW Group’s Digital skills Programme.
1. Work in collaboration with colleagues across NOW Group services to develop and deliver a high-quality training program relevant to the Digital Skills Academy and individual participant goals.
2. Deliver virtual group sessions: Deliver engaging sessions via on-line teaching & learning technologies Ensure integration of relevant learning technologies (ILT) in all teaching and learning and actively secure skills in use of relevant equipment.
3. Produce high quality resources, schemes of work and lesson plans ensuring differentiation to suit the level of participant.
4. Ensure effective induction of participants, carrying out initial and formative assessments and co-creating respective Individual Progression Plans.
5. Accountable for timely submission and marking of learner assignments and projects.
6. Actively promote NOW Group Training and Employment Services and products.
7. Deliver a balanced KPI's in line with Company expectations for this project
8. Contribute to the promotion of NOW Group services through a range of media as required.
9. Comply with organisational, project and legal codes of practice and conduct and attend all mandatory training to ensure compliance.
10. Ensure accurate record keeping of participant attendance, retention, and progression in compliance with organisational data protection and confidentiality policy.
11. Ensure that all accredited training is developed and delivered in line with relevant awarding body quality standards.
12. Comply fully with NOW Group's 'Organsiational Approach to Safeguarding' ensuring that knowledge and skills in this area are kept up to date to ensure the safety and well being of participants. This includes the notification to Senior Management of any untoward incident / accident involving either staff or participants, and the recording and reporting of any such incident / accident to the appropriate authorities.
13. Proactively identify risks in relation to participant safety and carry out general and individual risk assessments as appropriate, ensuring risk management procedures are followed.
14. Ensure the implementation and observance of Health and Safety Regulations.
1. Be a subject specialist in Data analytics (minimum L3), proven experience in at least one of the following SQL, Tableau, Power BI, R, Python
2. A1 Assessor qualified or equivalent
3. Certificate in Teaching or an equivalent training qualification
4. GCSE in English and Mathematics
5. At least 2 years delivering accredited training programmes to young people and adults.
6. Minimum 1 years experience working with people with learning difficulties or barriers to learning
7. Proven experience of working with Accreditation Bodies
8. Excellent level of IT including social media skills, communication skills and presentation skills.
9. Experience of assessment and moderation
10. Familiarity of working in a high demand environment delivering to targets and tight deadlines
1. Hold Internal verifier/ moderator qualifications
2. Experience of preparing courses for accreditation.
3. Experience of working autonomously
4. Excellent communication, presenting and listening skills
5. Good organisational and problem-solving skills
We're a social enterprise based in Belfast but working across Northern Ireland to support people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future. Loaf Catering is our catering business which delivers outside catering to businesses, functions etc. We run six cafes four are in Belfast - The Bobbin in City Hall, Loaf on Grosvenor Road and the cafes at Ulster Museum and the Folk at Transport Museum at Cultra.
We also have a cafe at the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh. Loaf Pottery our sixth site is our pottery, pizzeria and coffee shop in Crawfordsburn where we offer wood fired pizzas and our range of beautiful handthrown pottery.
For every £1 invested in NOW Group 2019/20 we generated £20 in social value.
Support people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future.
We challenge convention, ourselves and each other. We have the strength, willingness and determination to initiate, make things happen and to carry them through.
We are all champions of NOW Group. We take personal responsibility for achieving our objectives. We act with openness, integrity and trust. We ask for help, admit to our mistakes and put things right.
We are one company across all services and locations. We work towards a common goal through cooperation and teamwork. We are all NOW Group people and treat each other with respect regardless of status.
Our services change lives. We listen to our participants*, their families and communities and use continuous improvement to deliver results. We are relentless in our pursuit of success and excellence. (*also external and internal customer)
We are a business committed to doing the right thing for our staff, the environment and society. We run a catering business that uses and sells no single use plastic and all our packaging is compostable. We do not use single use plastic in our head office and all our staff have been supplied with either a reusable water bottle or coffee cup. We run wellbeing initiatives which include a health cash plan, stakeholder pension scheme (5% employer contribution), Bike to Work scheme, flexible/agile working. We offer opportunities for our staff to volunteer at the social and other events that we run for our participants. We only want the best, most motivated people in NOW Group. Everything we do is focused on supporting people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future. It’s in our DNA. We are socially focused and expect our staff to be entrepreneurial. We are constantly changing, evolving and innovating so expect change.
Professional & personal development opportunities.
(Send your CV to: email@example.com or click Apply Now to attach)