Community Support Officer (Omagh)
NOW Group, 15-17 Grosvenor Road, Belfast, BT12 4GN
Schedule & Rate of Pay
£9.23 per hour
Mon Jul 26 2021 11:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Full flexibility including evenings and weekends In a position to cover at short notice
- 22 days annual leave plus 12 statutory days (pro-rata)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible working initiatives
- Health Cash Plan (on successful completion of probationary period)
- Access to confidential Staff Counseling & Financial Advisory Services
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme (5% employer contribution)
- Bike to Work Scheme
Main Function: The post holder will be ambitious and passionate about developing the JAM Card brand to increase the awareness and impact throughout UK and Ireland. This will involve developing the commercial viability of the JAM Card whilst connecting with JAM Card partners to expand on the distribution sources.
1. Expand on the JAM Card impact by increasing the number of JAM Card Friendly Organisations throughout the UK & Ireland.
2. Identify prospect leads .
3. To respond to email queries about JAM Card and how to become a JAM Card Friendly organisation.
4. Develop relationships with clients.
5. Support the Business Development Manager in working with organisations to become JAM Card Friendly.
6. Evaluate and propose options to meet the needs of clients.
7. Tailors JAM Card Business solutions by co-ordinating the requirements, developing and negotiating contracts
8. To liaise with external organisations by phone and face-to-face.
9. Data recording and anaylsis.
10. Target of income generation in line with the 3 year JAM Card Business Plan.
11. To support the Business Development Manager and Marketing Manager in providing JAM Card. Marketing materials to organisations.
12. Ensure effective collaborations with the business, community and voluntary sectors to identify potential growth opportunities for JAM Card.
13. Actively work with communications team to forge NOW’s reputation and profile through participation at key events, social media, and media coverage.
14. Provide administrative support to Project managers as & when required.
15. Explores opportunities to add value.
16. Work independently and within a team to ensure the demands of job are completed.
17. Oversee the JAM Card processing systems, ensuring paperwork is gathered and recorded .
18. Undertake any training as deemed necessary by Senior Management and to carry out any other duties as deemed appropriate to the post by Senior Management.
As Business Development Executive the postholder will have an important role alongside the Business Development Manager and Director of Business Development and Executive team to ensure the effective cohesion between all teams responsible for are contributing towards our sustainability and growth.
Key internal relations include:
• All members of the Executive team and their teams
• Social Enterprise Business
• Marketing and Communications Team
• Community Manager
• Employment Programme Manager
• Training Manager
Key external relations include:
• Public services
• Community and voluntary organisations
• Local Council
• Other funding partners
• Trusts & Foundations
1. Qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in a subject relevant to the post or 2 years relevant experience in a business development role.
2. Two years minimum experience in the following areas:
Experience in sales, marketing or related field;
Positively influencing others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation;
Customer engagement and relationship management;
Building and maintaining networks within the business sector;
High level of computer literacy including.
3. Full driving licence and access to a car (if the effects of a disability prelude an individual from holding a driving licence they should indicate how they can meet the mobility requirements of the post, i.e. the ability to get to different locations throughout Northern Ireland)
4. Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
5. Excellent social media, communication and presentation skills.
6. Ability to be flexible and adaptable as hours of work may include evenings and weekends as appropriate.
1. Track record in growing a business.
2. Understanding of the Social Enterprise sector.
Candidates will also be required be able to demonstrate the following skills as part of the interview process:
Selling to customer’s needs
Meeting sales goals
High energy levels
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to manage complex projects
Strong ICT skills
We're a social enterprise based in Belfast but working across Northern Ireland to support people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future. Loaf Catering is our catering business which delivers outside catering to businesses, functions etc. We run six cafes four are in Belfast - The Bobbin in City Hall, Loaf on Grosvenor Road and the cafes at Ulster Museum and the Folk at Transport Museum at Cultra.
We also have a cafe at the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh. Loaf Pottery our sixth site is our pottery, pizzeria and coffee shop in Crawfordsburn where we offer wood fired pizzas and our range of beautiful handthrown pottery.
For every £1 invested in NOW Group 2019/20 we generated £20 in social value.
Support people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future.
We challenge convention, ourselves and each other. We have the strength, willingness and determination to initiate, make things happen and to carry them through.
We are all champions of NOW Group. We take personal responsibility for achieving our objectives. We act with openness, integrity and trust. We ask for help, admit to our mistakes and put things right.
We are one company across all services and locations. We work towards a common goal through cooperation and teamwork. We are all NOW Group people and treat each other with respect regardless of status.
Our services change lives. We listen to our participants*, their families and communities and use continuous improvement to deliver results. We are relentless in our pursuit of success and excellence. (*also external and internal customer)
We are a business committed to doing the right thing for our staff, the environment and society. We run a catering business that uses and sells no single use plastic and all our packaging is compostable. We do not use single use plastic in our head office and all our staff have been supplied with either a reusable water bottle or coffee cup. We run wellbeing initiatives which include a health cash plan, stakeholder pension scheme (5% employer contribution), Bike to Work scheme, flexible/agile working. We offer opportunities for our staff to volunteer at the social and other events that we run for our participants. We only want the best, most motivated people in NOW Group. Everything we do is focused on supporting people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future. It’s in our DNA. We are socially focused and expect our staff to be entrepreneurial. We are constantly changing, evolving and innovating so expect change.
Professional & personal development opportunities.