- 22 days annual leave plus 12 statutory days (pro-rata)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible working initiatives
- Health Cash Plan (on successful completion of probationary period)
- Access to confidential Staff Counseling & Financial Advisory Services
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme (5% employer contribution)
- Bike to Work Scheme
Main Function: To manage and maintain effective and efficient JAM Card administrative systems and to provide Marketing support to ensure the smooth running of JAM Card The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi task.
1. Weekly co-ordination and distribution of JAM Card requests.
2. Respond to general queries regarding JAM Card and requests for marketing materials.
3. Update JAM Card website with relevant content.
4. Maintain, review and update the JAM Card order system.
5. Assist with the replenishment and purchasing of JAM Card marketing materials.
6. Develop regular JAM Card updates for social media which can be shared across NOW Group website and social media platforms.
7. Develop, write and circulate regular JAM Card Newsletters.
8. Conduct regular stock takes of JAM Card marketing material and collate the relevant documentation
required for the finance team.
9. Collation of all JAM Card and marketing survey results, including analysis and summary of feedback
required for monthly reports.
10. Provide general administration support as necessary.
Key Internal Relations
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with colleagues across the organisation:
• Business Development Manager
• Marketing & Account Manager
• Social Media Content Creator
• Finance Team
• Quality Assurance & Impact Manager
• HR & Support Services Manager
• Director of Business & Organisational Development
Key External Relations
• JAM Card users; JAM Card Friendly organisations and potential new JAM Card Friendly organisations
GCSE or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths and English.
Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office with demonstrable proficiency in MS Excel.
More than one year’s experience in an administrative and marketing role.
Excellent organisational skills.
Commitment to customer care.
Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
Excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
1. Experience of communicating to an external audience using social media.
Shortlisting will be based on the evidence that you supply on your application form to satisfactorily demo how, and to what extent, you meet the above criteria. The Shortlisting Panel will not make assumptions your circumstances, qualifications, and experience.
Please note that employment with NOW Group may be subject to a check from the Access NI Service. For positions in regulated activity a check of the Data Barring Service (DBS) will be required. For further information please refer to the Access NI Code of Practice at: http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/accessni
We're a social enterprise based in Belfast but working across Northern Ireland to support people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future. Loaf Catering is our catering business which delivers outside catering to businesses, functions etc. We run six cafes four are in Belfast - The Bobbin in City Hall, Loaf on Grosvenor Road and the cafes at Ulster Museum and the Folk at Transport Museum at Cultra.
We also have a cafe at the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh. Loaf Pottery our sixth site is our pottery, pizzeria and coffee shop in Crawfordsburn where we offer wood fired pizzas and our range of beautiful handthrown pottery.
For every £1 invested in NOW Group 2019/20 we generated £20 in social value.
Support people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future.
We challenge convention, ourselves and each other. We have the strength, willingness and determination to initiate, make things happen and to carry them through.
We are all champions of NOW Group. We take personal responsibility for achieving our objectives. We act with openness, integrity and trust. We ask for help, admit to our mistakes and put things right.
We are one company across all services and locations. We work towards a common goal through cooperation and teamwork. We are all NOW Group people and treat each other with respect regardless of status.
Our services change lives. We listen to our participants*, their families and communities and use continuous improvement to deliver results. We are relentless in our pursuit of success and excellence. (*also external and internal customer)
We are a business committed to doing the right thing for our staff, the environment and society. We run a catering business that uses and sells no single use plastic and all our packaging is compostable. We do not use single use plastic in our head office and all our staff have been supplied with either a reusable water bottle or coffee cup. We run wellbeing initiatives which include a health cash plan, stakeholder pension scheme (5% employer contribution), Bike to Work scheme, flexible/agile working. We offer opportunities for our staff to volunteer at the social and other events that we run for our participants. We only want the best, most motivated people in NOW Group. Everything we do is focused on supporting people with learning difficulties and autism into jobs with a future. It’s in our DNA. We are socially focused and expect our staff to be entrepreneurial. We are constantly changing, evolving and innovating so expect change.
Professional & personal development opportunities.